Assistant Manager (for Projects)
Number of Vacancies: 1
GCC (www.gramweb.net), the R&D wing of Grameen Communications, aims to produce and promote ICT technologies to generate income, provide social services to the poor and deprived people. Our projects are planned to create replicable business models that can be self-sustaining.
‘Social Services on Wheels (SSW)’ is a joint-research project of Global Communication Center (GCC) of Grameen Communications and Kyushu University, Japan supported by Toyota Automobile. The research project aims to identify and create new social values by providing transportation and ICT to efficiently optimize the village needs and resources. In this project, a car will be equipped with six ICT based social services e.g. college bus service for female students, portable healthcare for unreached villagers, Internet services for young adults, social goods delivery for village women, emergency service for emergency patients and blood grouping services for young adults.
In the past, SSW finished three years of experiment in Matlab (Uttar) under Chandpur, Basundia under Jessore, Rampal under Khulna, Kalihati under Tangail and Bheramara under Kushtia district. Recently, the SSW services have been launched in Dhaka City also. This year, we are planning to extend the experiment in different sites simultaneously to be started in June 2015. The project activities can be viewed at http://gramweb.net/projects/ssw/.
Contract Period: 6 months (with the possibility of further extension)
- Assist the Project Management team in developing Project Control Systems and Project Execution Plan
- Ensure accurate data collection, analyze the data; derive some insights using MS Excel, SPSS and MS PowerPoint and report to Project Manager
- Ensure smooth and timely operations in various sites
- Monitor project revenue and expense and daily reporting
- Supervise team members in daily basis and ensure the job is done on time
- Assist in managing the projects change control process in different phases to comply research objective
- Supervise administration, accounting, and procurement related issues of the project and keeping record of different materials and stocks
- Prepare training materials in accordance to project objectives and arrange training programs
Post-graduation in Statistics/ MIS/ Business/ Economics from a reputed university
Experience Requirements: 1 to 2 year(s)
The applicant will be given priority if s/he has experience in the following area(s):
Research Design/Analysis, Project Management/ Co-ordinator, Field Work, Report Writing
The applicants will be given priority if s/he has experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, Market Research Firms, NGO
Additional Job Requirements:
- Age at most 30 year(s)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbally and in writing in both Bangla and English, good articulation and presentation skills
- Operation of Internet, e-mail, Skype, Facebook
- Solid knowledge and skill working in MS Excel, SPSS and MS PowerPoint
- Outstanding report writing skill
- Willing to travel outside Dhaka
Salary Range: BDT 20000 – 25000 or higher for deserving candidate
Other Benefits: TA/DA, Mobile Allowance
Job Level: Lower mid level
Job Location: Dhaka
Candidates interested in the business as well as in the position are encouraged to apply by sending their CV to email@example.com by May 10, 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.